Frequently Asked Questions by Car Accident Victims

injured man seeking medical care

Do I need an attorney?

Every situation is different. For example, you should consult an attorney if you answer “yes” to any one of the following questions:

  • Do you have a broken bone?
  • Do you have a scar or permanent injury?
  • Did you visit your doctor? Did they prescribe physical therapy or any treatment beyond two weeks?
  • Have you missed any work?

Insurance companies hire attorneys to advise them. You may need an attorney to even your odds. I will be happy to discuss your specific situation. Together we can sort through the details and determine how to handle your case.

injured man seeking medical care

Who will pay my medical bills?

Sign nothing and talk to no one until you talk to me. I can help you to protect your interests and analyze options for paying the bills. Generally, the at-fault insurance company will not pay a dime on your medical bills until you sign a release for them giving up your rights to a claim.

If the person who caused the accident does not have auto insurance, can I still recover for my losses?

I will help you look for all available insurance. In most cases, your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage will cover your injuries.

If contacted, must I speak with the other party’s insurance company to explain what happened after an accident?

The other party’s insurance company will attempt to contact you to obtain a “recorded statement”. In most cases, it is NOT in your best interest to agree to speak to the other party’s insurance company without the advice or representation of an attorney. This statement can be used against you in a court of law. Insurance companies look for reasons to deny claims to save their stockholders money. They do not look out for your best interests.

ambulance responding to crash sceneWhat type of damages can I recover, if I have been injured in an auto accident caused by someone’s negligence?

As an experienced attorney, I can help you maximize the value of your claim. If you have been injured as a result of someone’s negligence, you could be entitled to receive compensation for the following types of damages:

  • Bodily injuries

  • Past pain and suffering

  • Future pain and suffering

  • Disability

  • Disfigurement

  • Mental anguish

  • Hospitalization expense

  • Medical and nursing care & treatment

  • Past lost earnings

  • The loss of ability to earn future money

  • Inconvenience

  • Aggravation of a pre-existing condition

  • Property damage

  • Loss of consortium

What if I do not have a doctor or cannot afford one?

We will find a doctor to help you. Many physicians will work with us on a “letter of protection.” This is a letter from our firm stating that we will pay them from the proceeds of your case when it is settled. We work with a variety of health care providers- medical doctors, chiropractors, surgeons, orthopedic and neurology specialists. It is very important that you receive the medical treatment necessary to help you resolve your injuries and strive to become pain-free.

What does it cost to hire an attorney to handle my case?

With our firm, your consultation is free. We will give you an honest opinion as to whether or not you should hire an attorney. We will take your case on a contingent basis. This means we get paid from the proceeds of a settlement or judgment against the responsible party. Our fees are based only on the personal injury claim. We do not get paid unless you get paid on your personal injury claim.

Who will pay for the damage to my vehicle?

Officers speaking with car accident victims

We will assist you with your property damage claim at no cost to you. The at-fault party’s insurance company pays for any damage to your vehicle. You may be eligible for a rental car if your vehicle is severely damaged.

Who will pay for my lost wages?

The negligent party’s insurance carrier will ultimately be responsible for any lost time from work. Call my office if you have or plan to have substantial lost wages from your employment.

What should I do next?

I am available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer any questions that you may have about your claim. Call me:

West Side Columbus Office:
(614) 275-3444

Northeast Columbus Office:

Toll free:
(866) 866-8058



Fire fighters respond to crash scene

28-year-old man suffered from multiple rib fractures, lacerated spleen and multiple pelvic fractures after the vehicle he was driving was broad sided by a 1997 Chevy Blazer.

35-year-old woman sustained loss of consciousness, abdominal pain, headaches and facial lacerations when the vehicle she was driving was slammed into by another vehicle that failed to yield at a stop sign.

20-year-old tractor passenger was trapped when the driver lost control and the vehicle overturned.

29-year-old female passenger sustained severe head injuries from striking the windshield when the vehicle she was riding in went off the road and into a ditch.


If you’ve been injured in an accident and want an aggressive, experienced personal injury lawyer that will obtain a top-dollar settlement, contact me immediately.

Since you may have no idea about the intricacies of insurance law it is easier for an insurance company to take advantage of you. Some insurance agents will attempt to tell you your claims have little to no value. Other insurance agents may deliberately misinterpret accident facts or the law in an attempt to make you believe you are not entitled to compensation.

Take advantage of my law firm’s education, experience and training. Thousands of injured accident victims just like you have relied upon my firm with successful results.

Take action! Call me toll free at (866) 866-8058 for your free consultation.

Michael D. Christensen,
personal injury accident attorney -- Columbus, Ohio

Michael D. Christensen
Law Offices,LLC

West Office:
3341 W. Broad Street
Columbus, Ohio 43204

Toll Free: (866) 866-8058
Phone: (614) 275-3444
Fax: (614) 275-3445

Northeast Office:
5092 Cleveland Ave
Columbus, Ohio 43231
Toll Free: (866) 866-8058
Phone: (614) 895-2700
Fax: (614) 895-2744

Initial telephone consultations are free!